Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sweet Cuisine

About a million years ago (okay, maybe ten), I requested and received a Wilton cake-decorating kit for Christmas.  My sister-in-law makes amazing, delicious, beautiful cakes, and I wanted to learn how to do it, too.  After I received the decorating set, I had a reality check...I was working a more-than-full-time job while applying to law school, preparing to move across the country, and planning my wedding to an overworked medical student who was studying for his first medical licensing exam.  It just wasn't gonna happen.

Fast-forward a decade, and now I've moved once more across the country, back to Savannah, Georgia where I was born.  I'm a work-at-home mommy of two little girls and wife to a medical resident (yes, he's still in residency...long story...I'll tell you about it sometime), as well as the cleaning crew, cook, chauffeur, party-planner, accountant, gardener, counselor, and all those other things that go along with homemaking.  Even when it is busy and stressful, I love my life.  I enjoy taking care of my family and helping to make life beautiful each day.

A very important part of that life necessarily involves food.  Lots of food.  Delicious food...often involving a lot of sugar, because that's how we do it in the Deep South.  Life is very sweet here...and so is our cuisine.  I hope you enjoy walking this road with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment